Want a cheap
new lease car?
The Smart Fortwo is a rear-engined two-seater car manufactured by Smart Gmbh and introduced at the 1998 Paris Motor Show. Initially named the Smart City Coupe, the fortwo has now entered its second generation, and in 2008 an all electric concept version of the model, the fortwo ed debuted.
The smart features a semi-automatic transmission without a clutch pedal. Input from floor-mounted shifter or optional steering wheel-mounted paddles controls a servo-operated clutch and sequential automated gearbox. The vehicle may be driven in automatic mode, though the shift points are not as smooth as in a traditional automatic transmission. In paddle shifter mode, the operator controls the shift points but cannot feather or adjust the speed of the clutch. Thus some skill, and a slight lifting of the accelerator pedal, is required to achieve a smooth shift.
Other semi-automatic transmissions have included the Volkswagen Automatic Stickshift, and Honda Hondamatic.
The smart car allows back-in parking in otherwise parallel parking zones; its length of 250 cm (98.4 in) equals the width of a truck or a regular parking slot, allowing two or three Smarts to park in a standard space reserved for a single car. However, this type of parking has been banned in Munich, Germany, amongst other places. Such parking in parallel-designated spaces is illegal in most U.S.A jurisdictions. Current model is 269 cm (106.1 Inches).
The smart features interchangeable body panels — whereby one car can easily assume a different look. To accommodate a licensing agent's notation of a vehicle's color, the fortwo is sometimes registered as 'silver' or 'black' based on the Tridion frame color, which remains constant regardless of the body panels.
The engine range featured turbocharged three cylinder motors. Originally, the base petrol engine had 599 cc, but displacement increased to 698 cc with an early restyling. It was available in 37 kW or 45 kW (61 hp) variants. The turbodiesel engine has 799 cc displacement with 30 kW . Engines are mounted in the rear of the vehicle.
The fortwo is available with targa-style removable roof panels, introduced in 2000, and was restyled in 2002. Model variants include the base model Pure, sporty mid-spec model Pulse coupe, and luxury top-spec model Passion Cabriolet.
* Cdi:: has the world's smallest diesel engine uses state-of-the-art common-rail direct injection. With a consumption of 3.3 litres (NEDC) per 100 kilometres and CO2 emissions of just 88 grams per kilometre, it has the lowest current production car CO2 emissions worldwide, since Audi's and Volkswagen's retired "3 litre" cars, the A2 1.2 TDI and the Lupo 1.2 TDI respectively .
* Crossblade: a 2002 limited-edition variant of the city cabrio, a roadster without a windshield, roof or conventional doors, limiting its use. Its weight was still 740 kilograms (1,600 lb). The Brabus-tuned engine developed 52 kW (71 PS) from its 599 cc engine. After Robbie Williams purchased Crossblade number 008, smart began a marketing association with the British singer, using Williams to promote the brand.
* Crosstown: a convertible with a foldable windshield based on the fortwo, was presented at IAA Frankfurt in 2005. No plans have yet been announced to bring this model to market.
* Nightrun: includes instrument panels, steering wheel, paddles, shifter, Monoblock VI alloy wheels, leather seats and engine upgrade from Brabus. Edition Nightrun is only available with the fortwo coupé.
* Truestyle: painted in metallic paint colour, ruby red, available in pure trim.
i-move: a special edition run of 70 fortwo cabrios, based on the passion cabrio specs with Brabus Monobloc VI wheels, Leather interior trim, and Lite White Panels. The Addition of an iPod cradle which held a special edition 20Gb G3 iPod, and an aluminium name plate on the dash confirmed its special edition status.
* Forfun2 Concept: an off-road version of the fortwo introduced at the 2005 Athens Motor Show by Greek 4x4 Rally Champion Stefan Attart. The forfun 2 Concept combines the body of a fortwo with the chassis and drivetrain of a Unimog. It sports monster truck-like 26-inch wheels wrapped in 140 cm diameter tires and winding keys where the fortwo's rear wheels are supposed to be. 
* Brabus: In the 2007 Geneva Motor Show, Smart introduced the Brabus version of the Smart Fortwo, It has 98 PS (72 kW; 97 hp) of power and 0 to 100 km/h takes only 9.9 seconds with top speed electrically limited at 155 km/h (96 mph)
The new 999 cc version 3B21 (2007 onwards) is produced by Mitsubishi Motors and it comprises normally aspirated (NA) and turbo versions. The NA 999 cc engine has 11.4:1 compression ratio and premium fuel is recommended. It is rated at 71 hp (53 kW). The US NA 999 cc engine has a 10:1 compression ratio and premium fuel is recommended. German tuner company Brabus, in a joint venture with Smart, has developed a version with 72 kW (98 hp) and 140 N·m torque, available in Europe only at this time.
European Union testing rates the 999 cc Smart at 4.7 L/100 km for the gasoline model and 3.4 L/100 km for the diesel. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency rates the vehicle at 36 mpg-US (6.5 L/100 km; 43 mpg-imp) combined.
The smart fortwo's length is 8 ft 10 in.
An exposed, rigid steel frame, marketed as the "Tridion" frame, surrounds and protects the passenger compartment while defining the car's shape and design — and allowing for interchangeable plastic body panels to complete the exterior. With a weight of 730 kg , it is one of the lightest cars in the European market.
The Smart is equipped with seat-mounted combination side airbags as well as electronic stability control. To maximize the front crumple zone, the smart fortwo's engine is rear-mounted.
In Insurance Institute for Highway Safety tests, the 2008 Smart Fortwo, the smallest car marketed in the US market, earned the top overall rating of Good in both the front and side crash tests. The Fortwo received the Good score in 8 of 11 measured injury categories. Its seat/head restraints earned the second highest rating of Acceptable for protection against whiplash in rear impacts.
CAR LEASING - CONTRACT HIRE - CHEAP LEASE CARS
Richard Farleigh - "I wanted to invest; I was amazed by Ling's
complete lack of nerves, and also by her business acumen."
Duncan Bannatyne - "I wanted to
invest... but ye turrn'ed me dooon!"
"Harrumph! I'm out!"
Play with my fruit machine petrol pump and see which cars it chooses for you!
Request car lease Quote
Fill in my quote request form and I'll do my best to find a cheap car to match your requirement!
Leasing Price List
I have over 500 lease cars on my price list. View it here (it may be easier to print onto paper)!
Top 20 Lease Cars
View my Top Of The Pops and see which leasing cars are the current best sellers. This may inspire you!
If all else fails contact me during office hours for an online chat about your car.
...how it works!
1) Choose a car to lease or get a quote
2) Fill in online car leasing proposal form
3) Get accepted for contract hire finance
4) Sign an lease order form
5) Complete posted documents
6) Take lease delivery, like Chinese takeaway
7) Drive and show off & impress stupid friends
8) After a few years, order a new lease car or walk away... you have no commitment!
|PEOPLE OF BRITAIN|
...you can trust me,
I AM LING!
Thanks for taking the time to look at my headline cars. Please note I can quote on any car on Contract Hire, PCP, or any Lease Cars or Lease Hire. In fact I can supply any kind of car leasing. Leasing is a very general term. However, Contract Hire and PCP are by far my favourite products and my customers' favourite products too! The rest can be a little confusing although in a few (business) cases can be appropriate.
I publish all the best and cheapest deals I can source, above; so most bespoke quotes will by their nature be slightly more expensive. - Ling